still needs hemming
September 8, 2011
After … what?… three false starts, I finally have a dress to wear to the opera. And it’s simple enough that I could wear it to work after tomorrow night.
It still needs to have the sleeves and hem line finished but I can deal with that tomorrow because right now I am DONE.
I used a Vogue pattern I picked up either at the Oakland Museum White Elephant Sale or East Bay Depot for Creative Re-Use.
The moderate stretch surplus top turned out well with the my cheap fleece I used for the muslin. So I just added a foot to the hem and created a dress. I used some 4 way stretch fabric in a dark gray. Instead of using the same fabric for the facing I used a gray and pink brocade fabric so it’s a nice accent.
Still needs some work but I’m happy with the end product and I feel mostly ready for the opera tomorrow night.
Cue the heavy sigh of relief.