I can’t believe that worked!

September 16, 2011

I managed to finish one of the dresses that I cut fabric and then discarded as the opera dress.  It’s not exactly like the pattern anymore.  Too many alterations to the skirt.  But all in all I really like it.

I thought it could really benefit from some kind of sash or belt.  Maybe some kind of obi.  There has to be a pattern for that, right?

So I looked online and there were some basic patterns out there.  And some good ideas.  And fantastic pictures.

When I got home from work, I found the fabric I wanted to use, I make a rough pattern, I cut everything, interfaced the lining and made the obi.

I am a little shocked by how well it worked out.  I really like it.  I am so going to make a ton of these belts!

Amazingly, I think I’m actually getting better at this sewing thing.

About bloody time if you ask me.

night

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: